Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Why does the display panel go blank and the freezer still work,

Why does the display panel go blank and the freezer still work, but not the refrigerator portion?
can you get me make and model #? thanks,Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

GE Profile

Model number: PFS22SISBSS

Serial number: DL050082

What is happening, the digital display goes dim or out, and then comes back on. Also, when this occurs during a defrost/humidity reduction cycle the internal temp will rise to above 60 degrees. Sometimes it unit will work correctly with the display out only.

you have a bad mother board in this. Main Control Board part# XXXXX $ 113.12 - Click Image to Closethese have had to be re disigned I believe four times because of failer, I replace about 5 of these a month for the same reason, the best price I've found on the net is @ http://midwayparts.net/midwayparts/zen-cart-v1.3.8a-full-fileset-12112007/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=8 replace the board and you will be all set, thanks Bryan