Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Purchased a Whirlpool Dishwasher Model # XXXXX in October.

Purchased a Whirlpool Dishwasher Model # XXXXX in October. Never had a problem with it until we had a really bad rain, hail, very strong winds that knocked out the power in our area. Power was off for approximately 9 hours. Problem now is that once the dishwasher goes through the wash cycle, then to the drying cycle, it starts over again. I have pressed the Cancel button, letting the remaining water drain out, but after I empty the dishwasher and push the door shut, it starts up all over again! I am not pressing any "cycles" and sometimes the Cancel button doesn't want to comply, so I open the door slightly and that stops it from running. This is a direct wire to the house wiring junction box. I don't see a "reset" button when I took off the bottom cover exposing the water line and wiring. What can I do about "reseting" this to run properly? I have flipped the circuit breaker off for the present time. Thanks!   Joni
you most likely have a bad control board in this , Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=the only other possible cuase for this would be the touch pad Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=this is hard for the average person to check though, you need a special membrane tester to check this. the part are rather expensive and you may want to call a tech for this, without being there though I would say its the eletronic control board though, this is the cheaper part out of the two and is usually the problem with these machines, we rarlely replace the touch pads in these. it sounds like the relay on the board is stuck. hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
So you are telling me that there is not a reset button anywhere...right? It is hard to believe that either the control board or touch pad is "out of wack" already. I appreciate your response and thank you for the great job in responding to my problem.