Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Magic Chef electric (Model 3868XRW )stove that keeps

I have a Magic Chef electric (Model 3868XRW )stove that keeps comming up with a F1 error the only way I can stop this is to turn on the oven or shut off the power to the stove and the beebing is driving me nuts! What is causing this and how can I stop it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
heres what your code means.
F1 1. Watchdog on board
2. Touch membrane defective
To determine which component is at fault, disconnect ribbon strip. If NO fault code, replace membrane, otherwise replace board
what you need to do is unplug the ribbon to the touchpad,(ribbon shown here) Appliance Part Mouse Overright side of the clock assembly in this picture, first uplug the stove and pull it out, remove the back panel at the top where the clock assembly is and you will see the ribbon. unplug it and then plug the stove back in and wait about 10 minutes, if the F-1 reapears with the ribbon unplugged then you need a new clock (electronic range control) if it doesnt you need a new touch pad. Part 596537 click here for all the parts on your stove. hope this anwsers your question, thanks, Bryan