Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a six year old Kenmore HE3 Elite washer that has problems

Customer Question

I have a six year old Kenmore HE3 Elite washer that has problems with the spin cycle. It appears that the plastic, looking from the front, that holds the stainless steel drum in place, is deterioting. Is that something that can be fixed?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
are you talking about the front boot? can you get me the model #? thanks,Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
If you push the rubber boot aside you can see a front panel that appears to hold the steel drum and that's plastic is that's falling apart. Model #110.44832200
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
is this the part your talking about? Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=this is the front outer tub assembly the boot connects to this. let me know ,Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
That does look like the part that's falling apart. Can it be easily fixed?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok is the machine making any noise when spinning? can you move the inner stainless steel drum up and down inside? the usual cause for these to come appart is the drum is rubbing on it as it spins . this means the rear bearing is bad and thats a huge and expensive job. even if its just the front outer tub assemly that needs replacing its very hard to do and you would need to call a tech to replace it, not to mention the part alone is $162.00 plus the labor depending on who you call. not reccomended to replace yourself. sorry. thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have a service plan with Consumers that supposed to cover the washer but they won't do anything about the drum. Do you think this is something they can fix?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
well if your really good with tearing things appart you may be able to do it but if the rear bearing is gone you need to replace the whole rear outer drum with the front because the bearing is pressed in at the factory. that part is another $248.00 and you have to tear the whole machine appart to replace that, click here to a link for parts. hope this helps, and if you do attempt this get some help it takes two people to do. Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your help
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
your welcome ,good luck and thanks, Bryan