Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My oven will only go up to 260 degrees on either Bake or Broil

My oven will only go up to 260 degrees on either Bake or Broil - when it reaches 260 it beeps - Is it me or is there something wrong with the sstove?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
can you get me the make and model#? also is this gas or electric. thanks,Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The two buttons thatb raise or lower the oven tempreture selection will onll go up t0 260 degrees - even if I select broil or bake I shpould be able to go up to about 500 egrees if i select broil - as I said no matter what I do it will nort go beyond 260 degrees
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
can you tell me the make of the oven and model #? thanks,Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

the two buttons that raise or lowewr the selevted oven tempreture . will no make the oven hotter than 260 degrees. I should be able to get the oven to 500 degree when I select broil. This will only go to 260 aqnd then I get the ending sounding beeps. The same ap[plies when I select Bake. No matter what I do I cannot go over 260 degrees and many things require higher settings

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
yes I see what your saying but without a model # XXXXX make i cant look anythging up on this. if you can find that I can help, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

All the info I have is that our stove is one of four model Numbers GY 395LX - GY 396LX - YGY395LX or YGY396LX When th installer put this unit in our new condo he did not lill in the serial #s and other data in our user manual

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok that should be it I think, you need to replace the range control Part 748284I believe its this one, click here for link to parts, hope this helps, thanks Bryan, link