Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We own a GE Profile refridgerator (sp ) model PGCS1PJX No

We own a GE Profile refridgerator (sp?) model PGCS1PJX
No ice cubes are being produced. We have turned the switch on and off several times but the ice maker won't "re-start". Any suggestions? We can't find our owner's manual.....
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
is the icemaker light green and solid when you turn it on?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Let me run down and check........be back in a couple mins. Is the ice maker light next to the switch?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Oor model doesn't have a green light anywhere in the freezer

There is the switch on the ice maker in the hgihest freezer drawer

The level is down over the tray so that's not the issue either and the front door water dispenser is working fine so water is coming into the unit

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
ok if you reach into the mold of the icemaker itself do you feel any ice or water inside? Also, how long has it not been making ice for now?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I'll run down and check inside the mold (although not 100% sure of what you mean). It stopped making ice about 5 days ago (last Saturday night after we cleaned out the ice tray on the 4th of July....naturally......). I doublechecked the model and it is the

PGCS1PJX (not the SS)

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
ok, the by mold I mean the place where the ice sits so that it freezes before it's pushed out into the icebin.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Perfect - found what you meant when I just went down there, pulled the removeable tray both in the top drawer and the bottom drawer

I felt the mold and it was ice cold (no pun intended). The mold is clearly frozen.

The found a couple ice cubes tucked wayyyyyyyy back up slightly above the mold towards the back of the freezer and dislodged those with a kitchen knife but they didn't seem to be obstructing anything....thought it would be good to get them out the way anyway. I fiddled with the "stop bar"/lever and didn't notice anything blocking that or that would make the ice dispenser stop working. And the switch should be pressed UP with the "o" being jutted out on the switch - correct? I tried both ways for a long time this week and neither worked

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
ok so if you don't have any ice or water in the mold then the problem isn't likely to be your icemaker but rather the water getting to the icemaker.

Check the fill tube coming in from the back of the freezer and make sure that it's not frozen. If it is then thaw it out with a hair dryer. If it's not frozen and the tube is clear then your electronic water valve in the back of the freezer is likely the problem. The valve is is the that your water line from your house is directly connected to on the back of the refrigerator. It is a dual valve so the dispenser water can work while the icemaker doesn't receive water.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.