william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate

Model No. WTW5540SQO - Washer spin cycle will not work.

Customer Question

Model No. WTW5540SQO - Washer spin cycle will not work. What area of the washer should I look at, test or replace? Where do I start?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  william replied 7 years ago.
who makes this?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Expert:  william replied 7 years ago.
you will need to open the control panel and once you open it tell me if you see a 3 wire mulex connector going into the base of the cabinet let me know once you see it unplug the machine first
Expert:  william replied 7 years ago.

hese a video to watch to help you along just watch it to the point of the counsel being lifted up

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

When you said go to master control, the last time I was into a washer control box it was in the back. I went to the back and opened it and found nothing. Then you sent the video link explaining how to remove the hood, after I removed the back and now I cannot get the back to go in place squarely. I have a technition coming this morning to repair the unit of let me know the cost of the repair to then determine whether I should just purchase a new unit instead of spending almost the same repairing.

William, I am sorry, but I do not agree to release the acceptance funds to you for your instruction. Perhaps you should consider sending the video first or provide more definitive instruction for the next inquiry.

Expert:  william replied 7 years ago.
i told you to watch this only to the point of flipping the counsel up i did not tell you to take tthe cabinet off we were gonna test the lid switch