I.can
I.can, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 Years of experience installing and repairing appliances
13086822

lg tromm washer flashing an le code how do i fix

lg tromm washer   flashing an le code how do i fix
Category: Appliance
Expert:  I.can replied 5 years ago.
HiyaCustomer,

The fault code LE means the following:

Locked motor error. Cause: The connector (3-pin), male,white) in the motor harness is not connected to the connector. (3-pin,female,white) of stator assembly. Or the electrical contact between the connectors. (3-pin,male,white) in the motor harness and 4-pin,female,white connector in the main PWB assembly is bad or unstable. Or the motor harness between the stator assembly and main PWB assembly is cut (open circuit) Or the hall sensor is out of order/defective.

Unfortunetly this is not a do it your selfer.

How old is the washer ?

Here is an interesting report I wrote.

Repair or replace?

When to pull the plug on your old washer

Typically, you'll also find a troubleshooting section for more-serious problems
in the owner's manual.

Should you pay for a repair or buy a new model?
The answer depends mostly on the age of your washer,
how much you bought it for,and the cost of the repair.

Follow these guidelines:

When a repair makes sense.

If your washer is under warranty or less than four years old ,
paying for a repair makes sense.
Note that washers under warranty might require service from a factory-authorized technician;
readers have found them on a par with independent repairers.

When a repair might be a wise choice.

If your washer is out of warranty and is four to seven years old,
it might make sense to pay for a repair. Customers generally pay $100 to $200 for a repair.
But you might want to buy a new model even at this stage,
given that today's models have added features.
Higher energy efficiency is another plus: Energy Star-qualified models made after April 28, 2008,
are 43 percent more efficient than conventional models built before 2001 and 56 percent
more efficient than those built before 1993.

When it pays to replace.

The repair costs more than half the price of a comparable new washer.
Data also shows that it doesn't pay to fix a less-expensive washer
eight or more years old.

Thanks to better recycling programs, less than 10 percent
of washers you replace are likely to end up in a landfill.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
washer is 4 years old and has done this before and i guess has started working again not sure why was just told by girlfriend
Expert:  I.can replied 5 years ago.
Sounds like a loose connector as listed above at the beginning of my answer.
Or these connectors have moisture in them causing corrosion and intermittent problems.

This does not sound lie a do it your selfer.
Unfortunetly,you will need a good experienced tech on location to really look good with his eyes as he takes apart the connectors and searches for that corroded one or two.

Or the motor harness between the stator assembly and main PWB assembly is cut (open circuit) Or the hall sensor is out of order/defective.
I.can, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 10 Years of experience installing and repairing appliances
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

mashine is only 4 years old has happened before but corrected itself

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
have no answer to reply