william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate
13954826

My Whirlpool duet sport front loader washer kept say 5d or

Customer Question

My Whirlpool duet sport front loader washer kept say 5d or F on the panel what does it mean?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer, Myself and the other Experts are anxious to help you, it will help to have the make and model number of the appliance we are talking about and any other info that you may think is important that you did not list in your original post to us. We are working hard to make you happy...

Warning, If you opt me out from helping you, I will not be able to respond back,,,,Use this option only if you do not wish to communicate with me any further...

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
While the washer was running about 10 min left it stop and say 5d or F on the ditigal panel, just want to know what does it mean
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
I need the model number of the washer please so I can bring up the tech sheet for this model. It is most likely SD is the code which can happen if you use to much soap or the drain is clogged to the outside. SD is a SUDS code for most DUET WASHERS, IF you cannot open the door of the machine because of this see if you can hit the OFF/Cancel button and run another rinse cycle again to remove the suds error.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
WFW8400TW02
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.

If suds are detected continuously by the pressure switch during the

drain or spin phases, the washer will fill 4 liters ofwater and during

5 minutes the unit will rest without tumbling, the water will be drained

and it will try to spin or drain again.

Possible Causes/Procedure

¦ If too much detergent was used:

- Run the unit through a RINSE/SPIN cycle.

- Run a NORMAL cycle without adding any detergent.

¦ This should clear the unit of the excess detergent.

1. Check the drain hose and make sure it is not plugged or

kinked.

2. Unplug washer or disconnect power.

3. Check wire harness connections to the drain pump, pressure

switch, and Central Control Unit (CCU).

4. Check/clean drain pump filter of foreign objects.

5. Plug in washer or reconnect power.

6. Check drain pump.

7. Check the pressure switch.

8. Verify CCU operation by running a Diagnostic Test or any Cycle..

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I did that and it says F--, and it doesn't work now but it say F-- What now?
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.

press the cancel button then unplug it for 2 minutes then try it again

If this answers your question,click accept as this is how we get paid for our knowledge.Need more info ask.bonuses appreciated. note;As I am not there this is based on your observations and information.

william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate