My Whirlpool Duet Sport front loader washer kept saying 5D or F on the panel. What does it mean?
Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. Myself and the other Experts are anxious to help you. It will help to have the make and model number of the appliance we are talking about and any other information that you may think is important that you did not list in your original post to us. We are working hard to make you happy.
While the washer was running for about 10 minutes, it stopped and said 5D or F on the ditigal panel. Just want to know what does it mean?
I need the model number of the washer please so I can bring up the technical sheet for this model. Most likely SD is the code which can be displayed if you use too much soap or the drain is clogged to the outside. SD is a SUDS code for most Duet Washers. If you cannot open the door of the machine because of this, see if you can hit the OFF/Cancel button and run another rinse cycle again to remove the suds error.
If suds are detected continuously by the pressure switch during the drain or spin phases, the washer will fill 4 litres of water and during 5 minutes the unit will rest without tumbling. The water will be drained and it will try to spin or drain again.
¦ If too much detergent was used:
- Run the unit through a RINSE/SPIN cycle.
- Run a NORMAL cycle without adding any detergent.
¦ This should clear the unit of the excess detergent.
1. Check the drain hose and make sure it is not plugged or kinked.
2. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
3. Check wire harness connections to the drain pump, pressure switch and Central Control Unit (CCU).
4. Check/clean drain pump filter of foreign objects.
5. Plug in washer or reconnect power.
6. Check drain pump.
7. Check the pressure switch.
8. Verify CCU operation by running a Diagnostic Test or any Cycle.
I did that and it says F. It doesn't work now but it says F. What now?
Press the cancel button, then unplug it for 2 minutes; then try it again.