stef
stef, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 years experience specialising in fixing what others can't. I find the problem and fix it
12775274

how do you change the LG Tromm dryer drum

Customer Question

how do you change the LG Tromm dryer drum?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  stef replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your question

Why do you want to change the drum

stef

stef, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 years experience specialising in fixing what others can't. I find the problem and fix it
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
because it was ripping our clothes and we found a tear in it, so we purchased a new drum and now cannot figure out how to remove the old one to change it..
Expert:  stef replied 5 years ago.

This what is the model #

stef

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
model number is XXXXX
Expert:  stef replied 5 years ago.

You need to take the screw off at the back of the top panel pull it back and you will see the screws that hold the front control panel on. Once removed you will see the srews for the bottom panel

Good luck please accept

stef

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i already accepted! we have the top off and are looking at the control panel at the front of the machine and dont see this. does the drum come out the top or the bottom of the dryer?
Expert:  stef replied 5 years ago.

It will come out threw the front the control panel has screw on the sides it will come of and then you will see the screw for the other half of the front panel and door

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the door is already off...its the round type. do we need to take the door latch off too..does it opo off, slide off or slide down
Expert:  stef replied 5 years ago.
Hello no you need to take the whole front off the door stays with it
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
okj we got the front off...you sure its supposed to come out the front? theres lots of parts..it looks like the drum should come out the back?!is it supposed to be this hard?
Expert:  stef replied 5 years ago.
Yes they are hard but they pull out from the front. i have yet to work on one that comes out the back. is the back panel do the whole size of the drum.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok...we got it out...now how does the belt connect from the motor to the pulley? a figure eight? or what?
Expert:  stef replied 5 years ago.

you Normally send the idler to the fartest side away from the spring. it will give it its tension it is a real pain to do. becarefull so you dont get cut.

stef

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yikes...its tough..any secret tips to getting the belt on? what will we get cut on?
Expert:  stef replied 5 years ago.
The sharp metal sides some of thew dryers you can clip the idler arm into place on the side of the motor
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
so we thought we had it..putnit all back together...and it doesnt spin! it started to spin very slowly but that was it...how do we get it tight enough?
Expert:  stef replied 5 years ago.

You can go from the back take the access panel if there is one on yours. i will see if i can find you a picture of how it goes on

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok...thanks..a picture would be great...
Expert:  stef replied 5 years ago.

Go to this weebsite follow to repair help and on the left handside there is an option for dryer belt you specific one is not there but go to the bottom and it will show you the different possibilities

http://www.repairclinic.com/0079.asp.

Good luck