Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Our 20 year old Whirlpool compactor model TU 8100XTP2 apparently

Our 20 year old Whirlpool compactor model TU 8100XTP2 apparently has worn threads on the power screw or hub as the ram wobbles while traveling down and shifts to one side near the bottom of its travel.

Where are instructions and parts available for home owner to make repairs?

The least expensve replacement I can locate it the Jenn-Air TC507 at $495 from Home Depot. Would you recommend repair or replacement?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
Hi, this is Bryan,if you click this link you can look up all the parts for this machine, , give me a bit to look up some diagrams for you, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for help in finding repair manual. I take it you do not have enough experience with compactors to suggest whether to replace or repair. Looks like many parts are no longer available.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
sorry , yeh most of the parts are no longer available, most people replace these when they get old, I do have experiance with compactors, as a matter of fact I almost lost a finger working on one. fixed it though! once things start to go in these it can be expensive to repair, thanks Bryan