Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

I have a Maytag fabric-matic 25-30yrs old model LA209. The

I have a Maytag fabric-matic 25-30yrs old model LA209. The Agitator quit working Monday and I really would like to keep it going a little longer if possible. When I flipped on its fron to look at the belts it had chunks missing from the drive belt and a little oil on them. My son cleaned the pullys up and replaced the belts and still no go. Ideas or sources on a manual?
Was it start ing to act funny or did it go out all at once?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
All at once I think. The daughter was doing the laundry and said after a cycle it didn't seem dry enough so she put on spin again and saw it didn't(by passed the lid swith years ago)

The gearcase is gone on this unit, this is part number W10172458, You can order this part at the following locations online... WWW.APWAGNER.COM, or WWW.REPAIRCLINIC.COM, or WWW.PARTSTORE.COM. All 3 of these places are a good place to order your parts because of thier liberal return policy....

This is a hard repair and expensive one at that...