John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

We have a Maytag Dyer Mod. CDG5005AAE S/N 16831473QM that has

We have a Maytag Dyer Mod. CDG5005AAE S/N 16831473QM that has stopped heating.
Blower runs and tub turns. Vent is open and gas is on. I can not hear the sound of the the gas valve pulling in. Any help you can offer would be great.

Bill Peterson   [email protected]
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Hi Thanks for the question, when you start the dryer can you hear a click, and can you get to the gas valve, can you take the front panel off
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I can not hear a click when I turn on the dyer I stated this in my ?. I do not think the gas valve is pulling in. I have not taken the front off but I can and will.
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

Here is the breakdown of your dryer, If there is no click when you turn on the dryer,

Look for the thermal fuse located on the air duck by the blower, you can join the two wires together to see if it starts the gas , Try that and let me know, Im sure its the problem

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It is our 48th anniversary today and family is taking us out to lunch. Will get back to this issue later today.I did get time to ckeck the two round thermos one rect. on fire chamber and the cermice one on the air chamber all are closed using a ohm meter.??????
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

This is the thermal fuse to check, you can join the two wires together to check , If you get heat replce the thermal fuse

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

The fuse seems fine zero ohms accross it.

What must be the ignitor, a norton(NNN) NNN-NNNN checks open with a ohm meter do you have a guess as to what it should check??? is open OK???

Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
Their should be a reading with the ohm meter, not 0, touch the leads from the meter together, If the reading shows resistance its ok, if no movement its open,If you checked the coils and got no reading the coil is open, so its bad
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

When I say zero it is less than one ohm when I say open the resistance is like infinity on my meter---like the Norton part I listed is like infinity accross its leads is that bad???

If so please direct me to the part like you did the fuse.

Thanks and I will pay up when I get this info.

Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
Ok I see if the norton part the coils have infinity the coil is open so that the current cant go through, I will check the norton part #(NNN) NNN-NNNNI will getback to you.
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

That norton # XXXXX not go , Heres the coils, The two terminal should have a reading, the three terminal should have a reading, if one is open replace the coils