Tom Johnston
Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 years experience

I have a Whirlpool washer model# XXXXX When I do a wash

I have a Whirlpool washer model# XXXXX When I do a wash it is leaking a small amount from the bottom front of the washer. I know it is probably a hose issue, however, I don't have my manual. How do I open the washer to change this hose?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tom Johnston replied 7 years ago.
That is the pump that is leaking.On the lower front corners of the control panel are there 2 screws.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hello Mr. Johnston, this is Cynthia's husband, Matt. What I have done to check the hoses and pump I simply tilted the washing machine so that way the bottom of it is exposed. There are two hoses and they seem to be free of cracks or wear and tear and appear to be clamped snugly. They are located on the bottom, front-left side. So could it be the pump? I'm assuming it looks like an alternator or is that the motor? I'm not sure what to look for since I do not have the owners manual. What does it look like? Also, how can I check for a leak if the appliance is in this position? Impossible most likely. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Watch this video it will tell you how to take the outer shell off then we can find the leak.