John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a norcold refrigeration installed in my horse trailer.

Customer Question

I have a norcold refrigeration installed in my horse trailer. I have only used it approximately 15 times in the last 5 years. this year when I went to turn it on a code comes up cooling unit is locked. We checked in the manual and did what it suggested. Where do we go from here. We can not seem to find a service dealer within our area without traveling a great distance. If this is something that can be dealt with ourselves we would prefer that. What can we do? XXXXX XXXXX my email address isXXX@XXXXXX.XXX thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Francis replied 5 years ago.

Can we get the model number please?

And what would you be using to run it? Propane? AC power or DC power?

Does it has this diplay board and it says" Locked"?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am not home right now to get you a model number. The refrigerator will run on all three when set on that mode. The digital read out has code of n. So I looked it up in the owners manual and for that code it means cooling unit is locked.
Expert:  Francis replied 5 years ago.
Have you set the thermostat to cool already?

If ithe unit is locked, would you have a button to press there to unlock the unit? Could be a child lock safety switch?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
THE UNIT IS SET ON A COOLING LEVEL. AND NO I DO NOT BELIEVE IT IS A CHILD LOCK FEATURE. THERE WAS INSTRUCTIONS AS WHAT TO DO IF THIS HAPPENED, WE DID THAT AND IT DID NOT WORK. WE ARE WONDERING WHAT THE NEXT STEP IS.
Expert:  Francis replied 5 years ago.

Can you tell me what was instructed to do to eliminate that lock please?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
MAKE SURE THE TRAILER WAS LEVEL, MAKE SURE THE REFRIGERATOR VENT WAS PLUGGED. WE DID CHECKED THIS OUT AND IT WAS FINE.
Expert:  Francis replied 5 years ago.

I will opt out so that other expert that has more idea regarding your problem could help you further. Without the model number, I can not read anything about your unit to help you further. I would not know if you have a level sensor that could be faulty that is why it is locking your unit. But if nobody answers you and you would be able to provide the model number later, then maybe I can continue to help you. Just post it here and I would know it as soon as I log back in.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
oK THANKS FOR YOU