Tom Johnston
Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 years experience

I was online a few hours ago with Whrlp Master Tech, and he

Customer Question

I was online a few hours ago with Whrlp Master Tech, and he said I need a new pump for my Whirlpool 70 Series Heavy Duty washer model # XXXXX I was directed to, and in looking at the parts list, I don't see that specific part. Before I let sears sell me more than I need, I would like a little more information about the specific part to order. The prob with my machine is that it leaks like crazy while filling, fills completely, agitates and spins well, it just leaks while it fills both on wash and rinse cycles. It does not leak while agitating or emptying, just filling.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tom Johnston replied 7 years ago.
If it is leaking while it is filling i would be looking at the water inlet system not the pump.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is water inlet system the same as the hoses? If that is the case, they are not the issue, either at the source or going into the machine.

If I look at the back of the machine as it is filling, it is dry as a bone, same with the connections to the water source. Water leaks from under the machine as it is filling
Have you removed the outer case of the unit?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No. Tell me how

Watch this video it should help you.