Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Hi, I have a 2003 Sears Kenmore S/S fridge with water and

I have a 2003 Sears Kenmore S/S fridge with water and icemaker in door. recently the icemaker quit working. I removed the valve at bottom disassembled to check for grit in screen, etc. and evrything was OK. I checked both valves with 110 and both clicked. There is no water coming up line to icemaker but water dispenser is working. When I drop the wire lever down inside the freezer there is a humming sound coming from the back of the freezer but no water coming in. I put water in the tray to freeze overnight and worked the lever but nothing worked.
Could the icemaker itself be broke or the water filter be the problem? The green light is on for the filter. Also is ther any way to check inside the icemaker to see if that is the problem?
Thanks! John
The filter is not the problem because that would affect the water dispenser as well. Your problem is either going to be a bad valve or a frozen fill tube. Check the fill tube that comes in from the back of the freezer and goes to fill up the icemaker. Make sure it's not frozen and if it is then thaw it out witha hair dryer. Otherwise reace the fill valve.