Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

I have a Dometic (RM2652) refridgerartor, The freezer works

Customer Question

I have a Dometic (RM2652) refridgerartor, The freezer works well (30 degrees) however the refridgerator section is warm (70 degrees). AC/LP operation does not change the results. I believe it is the Thermistor. If I unplug the thermistor will the unit operate?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 7 years ago.

Let me start by admitting I don't have specific information on your model. Unplugging the thermistor will not generally work unless the electronic control has a failure mode that over rides the open circuit. The thermistor is used to tell the control the temperature in the refrig side. This information is used by the control to open an air door etc to allow cool air or refrigerant flow into the refrig side. You would need an ohm meter to test the thermistor. The resistance changes as the temperature changes.

Dave

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Your response of "Let me start by admitting I don't have specific information on your model" is of absolutly no help. The trouble shooting (service tips) manual directed the thermistor testing as well as other tests. I have completed all the service tips with no positive results. I have delivered the unit to a RV dealership for repair. $15.00 for your response is questionable.
I totaly agree and have done nothing to earn you money. I will opt out to see if anyone else can help you.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX wish you could have helped. Have a pleasant summer.
Thanks and sorry I couldn't help.