Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

1996 Whirlpool Heavy Duty Super Capacity washing machine. Have

Customer Question

1996 Whirlpool Heavy Duty Super Capacity washing machine. Have just replaced drive coupling and noticed, whilst it was apart, that one balance spring was missing - Rear left as you look down from the top whilst standing at the front of the machine. This was presumably the cause of the broken coupling but I cannot find the missing spring or see how it could fit back if I could find/replace it! Is there a diagram anywhere to describe the spring/fitting please?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 7 years ago.

you can download this manual for direct drive washers, it has many diagrams and helping ideas in it, this is out of my personal library... Just click on the blue link below to download it...

https://share.acrobat.com/adc/document.do?docid=906ea312-8299-4c59-a58a-e1d35fe3276e