esequiel walker
esequiel walker, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  my father has an appliance repair business for over 30 yrs i have 18 yrs exp
15396620

Whirlpool Duet GHW9250ML1. The unit does not respond to any

Customer Question

Whirlpool Duet GHW9250ML1. The unit does not respond to any key pressed except for Control Locked light which I can still turn on & off by pressing End Of Cycle Signal button for 3 sec. I replaced CCU, the board lighted up for several seconds and has the same problem again. Pls help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  esequiel walker replied 7 years ago.
is this a dryer electric
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
This is a washing machine.
the board you replaced is the ccu in the back correct the panel also has a board and ive come across this twice,where that board plugs into the ccu,it can also short out
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, the CCU board is in the back.

I found a tech manual that states that if here is no click heard when the unit is connected to the electric plug then I should replace CCU. I now have this new CCU and no click yet that one light still works. Could this mean anything?

How can I check if the panel is short? And why would one light still work if there is a short?
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 7 years ago.
Customer/p>

and Esequiel .

After two controls and new CCU does not click(power relay energizing) I would suspect door switch .

the door switch is well know for this issue , could also be the outlet not properly polarized or grounded .

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
How can I check if it is the door switch? And if it is, that only one working light on the board would still work?

esequiel this is your call I just wanted to add more info for you and the customer

no its ok i appreciate your imput.
master tech i appreciate your imput
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Please advise if there are other suggestions on how to fix this problem.