Summer
Summer, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  B.Tech in Electrical Engineering, M.Tech and Ph.D in Electrical Machines and Power Systems.
14697832

I have a Bissell Proheat Advantage and it will not pick-up

Customer Question

I have a Bissell Proheat and it has no suction. I just replaced the fan belt so its not that. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Summer replied 5 years ago.
Hey,

First check the motor duct gasket.
To check this, first remove the tank and place your hand over the rubber square opening. If there is no suction there, please take your machine to a BISSELL Authorized Service Center for inspection.

If your machine does have suction at the duct, continue to check the following:
- Ensure the Ready Tools Dial is set to the appropriate setting (Floor Cleaning or Hose Attachments).
- Remove the tank from the machine and ensure the tank lid is attached properly. The front window must first hook onto the lip of the bottom of the tank and then drape over the tank. Latch the bottom tank to the top tank lid. THIS LID CANNOT BE ATTACHED PROPERLY IF THE TANK IS NOT REMOVED FROM THE MACHINE.
- Make sure the Water Tank is not full on the outside of the bladder. If it is, empty the tank.
- Ensure the hose is firmly attached to the back of the machine. If not, re-insert as necessary by twisting into place.
- The machine must be in an upright, locked position and set to the Hose Attachment setting. If the handle is slightly tilted back while using, it will create a small gap at the suction inlet (where handle meets gasket, above the Bottom Tank) which will cause little or no suction.
- Check the red Tank Lint Screen for debris. If the Lint Screen is dirty, the unit will have poor suction. Clean the Lint Screen if necessary.
- If the float flap door in the tank lid is activating prematurely when you turn the machine on, this flap door should be replaced.
- Check the Tank Lid and Tank for damage.

If you continue to experience no suction, please take your machine to a local BISSELL Authorized Service Center. To locate your nearest BISSELL Authorized Service Center, please go to www.bissell.com under the Customer Center tab near the top of the homepage. Enter your zip code in the Service Center box on the right of the page to perform your search.

You can also locate a Service Center by phone, 24 hours a day, by calling 1-800-237-7691

Good Luck
If this has helped you, do not forget to ACCEPT.
Your feedback is appreciated.
Happy to help you Always.
Thanks & regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry, Your answer was too late. I already took it to an appliance repair person which cost me $60.00.