william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate
13954826

I am replacing a General Electric range control. The old part

Customer Question

I am replacing a General Electric range control. The old part # XXXXX The new part is WB27T10265. I am having trouble finding a spot for the L1A and L1B wires. The schematics are horrible with the product that I ordered online. No mention of where the L1A or L1B wires go.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.

is this your part

Part 832673

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hey Bill,
Yes, that is my part. My phone(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.
sorry no calls they for bid this and i will loose my job but tell me on the back of the control is there any L1A or L1B stamped on it by a spade
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There is an L1B stamped on lower right corner of purple housing just below numbers 04400. Increase size of your photo and you'll see the numbers. (or perhaps you have on there, LOL)
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.
well you have only 2 wires so put the one stamped with L1B with that one and the other with the other one im actually on vacation i wished i had mine here
william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.
whats your model number for your stove please
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Bill,
I do not have a clip present on L1B. The clip is not actually present. It just says L1B. My model # XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.
is there a way that you can put the diagram on here if not i will opt out so another expert can help you i dont want to waste your time
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
You mean the one that came with the new part? I would not know how to put it here.
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.
ok i will opt out someone will be with you shortly ok
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok, Thanks
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.
your welcome good luck to you im sorry that i couldnt be more helpful
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Bill,
I just got charged and I am still without an answer, mhow did that happen?
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.
did you put a deposit down
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes I did. I answered yes to close your last message, and I then saw a balance of oooooooooooooooooooooooo
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Do you have a # XXXXX call?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Why won't you answer me, is it because you and just answer just got paid for no help at all?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I will call the BBB, cancel my visa payment, and spread the word that this website is BOGUS!!
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.
someone will be with you shortly please wait
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 5 years ago.
good morning ,,, william asked me to help out ... whats the problem with the hook up / larry
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Larry,
I bought a GE oven Electronic range control replacement part. The old part # XXXXX XXXXX The new part # XXXXX XXXXX There is a yellow marked housing with a "bake" stamped next to it. It has 2 clips for wires marked "ON" and "COM" There is a violet marked housing with a "broil" stamped next to it. Thereare 3 clips for wires Marked "ON", "COM", and I think the third is "ON" as well. The new control has an L1A clip to far right under the large yellow box. (i think this is the circuit or cinduction box)

To the right of the broil housing is a L1B marking, but no clip to attach-it came this way from the manufacturer.

I have an L1A and L1B clip that I don't know where to put them.
did the old control have the two boxes marked with the yellow and puple dot on them and if so did the yellow have two slots and the purple have three like the new one
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No,the old control has a white and black box. Next to black box on left says "bake" with a clip. The white box has a clip to it's left that says "broil"

There are no slots in either housing unit.
ok ,,, how many wires do you have not hooked up at this point ... do you have the com hooked to each
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Larry,
I do not have COM hooked to each. The yellow "bake" wire is hooked into the "ON" and the violet "broil" wire is hooked into the "ON"
So far, I have all the wires connected:JB2B(wire harness with 5 pins), the ground, the "N", the OVL1, OVL2, Aux 1, and the Aux2.
the com wires should be the white wires ,,,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
1 white wire goes into "tab 1" that has an "N" printed on it, and that wire goes to OVL2 and out to harness that goes into top of oven. (This harness is the end of the line.)
did you not get the instructions with the new control board ,,,, i am kinda lost with this one
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I did, however, there is no explaination where the L1B goes. And the L1A clip is 3 inches from L1B clip with very little wiring. could you refer me to another person if you cannot help. Thanks
sure ,, be glad to
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thanks
your welcome
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Larry,
I have not heard from anybody yet.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is my amount too cheap fro help?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Does anybody answer a simple question....Is my price tooooo cheap?