esequiel walker
esequiel walker, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  my father has an appliance repair business for over 30 yrs i have 18 yrs exp
15396620

My maytag Atlantis model MAV9501EWW does not spin. I check

My maytag Atlantis model MAV9501EWW does not spin. I check underneath the washer and the belt looks ok. I was trying to find a service manual in pdf format to get an idea where to look for problems.
sounds like you have your trans spin gear is locked.important question turn the machine on and put it in spin tilt it back and see if the motor and belt are turning fine.if they are your transmission is bad it has a wash gear and a spin gear.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Sorry for the long wait. I just check underneath the washer and the belts and motor are spinning properly. The drum is not spinning. Is this a costly fix or is it cheaper to buy a replacement.

Thanks for the information

Jesse

thats the whole transmission about 2 and a half hours the part itself around 200-225     total repair around 3-450 hundred save your money and replace it.if you are satisfied press accept thats how i get paid. good luck sir