Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line

I have a whirpool washer (not front load) and do not spin.

I have a whirpool washer (not front load) and do not spin. The model no. is LSQ8543JQ1 it is 8 years old but still in good condition. Do you have any idea what parts should I replaced?

Will your washer Drain ?

If it drains jump out lid switch (will be a hole in top on right hand side) there should have a tab on lid that goes in hole.

use a screw driver or a pencil to jump lid out in spin cycle try turning the inner basket clockwise (jump satart spin if you will) to see if it will begin to spin

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes it drains but it does not spin (the spinner inside the washer)
will it agitate during a wash cycle? this will help narrow the issue down..
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
it does not agitate during a wash cycle it just never spin (the spinner inside the washer)

ok so the (spinner) or agitator does not move in wash cycle ,it drains ,and does not spin.

Is this all correct so far?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

ok this is a link to your washer parts break down you will need a Coupler item #13

it is what joins the motor to the transmission if it is broken washer will not agitate or spin ,BUT will drain .

this is a simple repair very easy to do ,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok thank you I will order the parts and hoping it will works. Thanks for your help.

do you know how to remove the cabinet off of your washer, to get to the coupler?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

My husband started removing the cabinet but he does not know yet where is the coupler

ok when he removes the cabinet down at bottom in front he will see the pump (has two hoses on it)

It is held in place by two metal clamps they just pop off' move the pump to the left with hose still on pump or if empty he can remove pump from hoses (may get a little water)

Have a towel ready.

then he will see the motor it too has two clamps (but they may or may not have screws on them) if so remove then pop off clamps.

pull motor forward .

He will then see the THREE peice couple normally one black rubber and two white plastic .

And just reverse order to reinstall

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok thanks

no problem my pleasure to help

if I helped you please don`t forget to give me feedback.

And have a nice rest of the evening

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
is it separate fee from the first one?

oh no!!!!! when you pressed the green accept button there is a feedback button on how

I did my job NO fee at all .