Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I had a disgruntled handyman tamper with my hot tub...He apparently

Customer Question

I had a disgruntled handyman tamper with my hot tub...He apparently removed a piece that connected the pump to the top of the hot tub near the control panel area....I have power, but the jets are not working nor is the tub cycling...the hot tub was working prior to him tampering with it...I had the temp at approx. 100 degrees...now it only stays at 78 degrees...nothing seems to be cut...so possibly the piece was attached from the pump area to the control area...All I know is that it is not working properly...The control panel button to the light on the hot tub works but when you push the one for the pump it does nothing...And if you turn the switch for the jets to go on, nothing happens...Guess I should have waited to confront someone about trying to rip me off in hours that they didn't work because now it's costing me dearly...Please let me know if you can help me with this problem and if it is fixable without costing me a national debt...Lesiure Bay Spa - model #500B Serial #26932
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 5 years ago.
Customer/p>

With what you have given me ,

I could only recommend to call for service on it .

You have temperature switches, pressure switch, could be almost anything wrong.

with out being there it would be more or less impossible to properly diagnois.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad newsFrown

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
<p> </p><p>I am so not pleased with this reply...I didn't need a repairman to tell me nothing....I at least got a better answer at the hot tub place....which was more information than I got from here and it was free....so to say the least, paying for advice that didn't do me any good in my opinion is not acceptable...And I have used the service a couple of times, with great results.....So please reverse the funds that I have in my account, back to my checking account....I would greatly appreciate it....</p>