Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line

I have a Maytag Dryer Model LDG5910AAW. I just replaced the

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Dryer Model LDG5910AAW. I just replaced the gas valve and igniter and still don't have any heat. Yes I did make sure that I had gas by cracking the line fitting after the shut off valve on the outside of the dryer. The timer as far as time is concerned works and the drum goes round and round so what do I do next ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 4 years ago.

old trucker

Thanks for the question .

when the dryer goes on do you the gas valve ,click or clunk 30-45 seconds after dryer starts

If you can see under the drum area where the burner is can you SEE the ignitor glowing.

here is a link to you parts break down.

The ignitor is item #10

if the ignitor does glow try pulling one wire off flame sensor item #22 which is on left side of combustion cone.

this wire will be live so don`t touch it or touch it to ground.

If flame lights when wire from flame sensor you have a bad sensor.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I really could not see the igniter glowing but I still pulled one of the wires. There was two wires a white and a black going to the sensor.
Customer/p>

If the ignitor was not was not glowing then pulling wire would not do anything.

Can you check voltage at the ignitor when dryer is on ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry but I don't have a meter
Customer/p>

with out a meter we are at an impass.

We will need to be able to check voltage to go any further.

or you would need to call for service.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I found a meter but its digital and the batteries are low. I'm trying to see if I have any batteries around the house
ok just let me know, see what we can do!!!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I tore up the house looking for a 9 volt battery but could not find one. What do you want me to do go out and get one or wait till tomorrow. I don't know what time it is where you are at but I'm on central time and its 10:43.

Im in EST almost witching hour HAHA

If you want we can go at it again tommorrow. or I can OPT out and some one else can try to assist you later .

I should jump on around 5p.m. EST tommorow but if you, dont want to wait and like some one else to help you that is ok you need a dryer I understand .

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'll stick with you. How does this all work ? How do I get hold of you?
Just reply back to me, just like you are now and it tells me I have a message and we can start where we left off.