Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Im replacing a Kenmore Wall Oven microcomputer and its not

I'm replacing a Kenmore Wall Oven microcomputer and its not working UGH! A PF light comes on and the clock works but none of the controls are working. Does anyone have a suggestion? I have renters moving in tomorrow and am under pressure to get it working asap.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
what was the original problem before you replaced the computer?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Before, the oven worked, however the display didn't. So, you couldn't see what temperature the oven was at, there was no clock display, etc. I called an appliance company and they said it needed a new microcomputer and that it would be $700 to replace it but they suggested ordering the part and plugging it in myself to save money. He told us the part number to order and said it was "easy". It seemed to be easy, I just installed it and plugged the same plugs in to the same places on the new board. The oven lights up now (the display works) but, none of the buttons work. The clock is on, and "PF" (I assume for Power Failure) is displayed. The instructions say to press and hold START for 5 seconds when I turn the power back on but it doesn't recognize when I press anything. Help!
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
If none of your buttons work then either your touchpad is bad or the ribbon connection is not installed into the control board correctly. Locate the ribbon cable from the touchpad that plugs into the control board and make sure you've installed it securely and correctly before ordering a new touchpad.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks! I checked the ribbon connection and it was upside down. It is working now.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
glad I could help you friend.