Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

i have a whirlpool dryer model # XXXXX ( it has a 240v

i have a whirlpool dryer model # XXXXX ( it has a 240v power source ) I changed the temperature limit switch and the heating element because they both were bad, about a month later the temperature limit switch has gone out again but the heating element still works if i bypass the temperature limit switch.
my question is , what would cause the heat limit switch to go out so soon? I dont want to replace it again just to have it go out again.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
most of the time when these limit switches go bad its from poor air circulation. Check to make sure the vents are clear through your house and that the hose behind the dryer is not kinked.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The hose was definitely not kinked. This answer does not help me at all . Is there something else that might be causing this new part to go out.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
the only other thing that can cause this problem is the operating thermostat itself located on the back of the unit. If it's cycling too hot it will cause the high limit thermostat to trip. Here is the part.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
this part does not look axactly like any part on this dryer
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
it should look identicle minus maybe a sticker on it.

If you take the back panel off your dryer look near your white plastic thermal fuse. There is a 4 wire thermostat. 2 smaller wires (usually purple) and 2 larger wires. That is the thermostat that I've linked to you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
there is a 4 wire module with 2 purple wires and it is located right before the vent where the duct attaches. Is this what you are talking about? the part that you showed me the first time only had connections for 2 wires
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
that is the part I am talking about yes.

And if you click on that link again and look closely there are 4 terminals on that device. 2 large ones on the ends of ther thermostat and 2 tiny ones perpendicular to the larges ones near the center.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Here's another link to a different website for the same part.

CLICK HERE