Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years
13888241

My Bosch Axxis- WFR2460 washing machine will not operate -

Customer Question

My Bosch Axxis- WFR2460 washing machine will not operate - when I push the start button I get a 'Door Open?' - the door seems to close properly with a 'clack' and is not loose. HELP!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Man replied 7 years ago.
You need to replave the door lock.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

My washing machine is on a boat in Alaska - there are no services available here - is there any other thing that can be tried to make this machine work.

You can try to unplug it. This is something you may be able to change. Pill the spring off the front of the door boot. Then roll the door boot into the washer and undo the scres that hold the lock on.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I am still not satisfied with your answer - I have no way of getting a new lock - is there anyway to fix the lock?

There is no way to fix the lock you need to replace it. You can order the lock from the link below.
Item #
1044255
Price
$46.50
In Stock?
No (B)
Lock-electrical
Qty Add to Cart
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

OK - this machine is on a boat and we are on shore power 50Amps - as a last resort I turned off shore power and turned on our generator - the machine started working immediately.

You might have to many other things on that isnt letting the waher get enough power. The washer should only use 11 amps though.