Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I have a Maytage dishwasher Model MDB8600AWQ, Serial Number

I have a Maytage dishwasher Model MDB8600AWQ, Serial Number 23286068EP, about 5 years old, and it stopped working today. The unit is acting like it has no power to it. I pulled the unit out and confirmed that it did still have power to the unit. I disassembled the door and found that the unit still has power running throughout many wires, but I obviously can't tell if the right wires have power. The face display has absolutely no power going to it. All lights are off, and there are no error displays (such as any indication that the door switch is not shut). The unit died right at the end of the cycle (I think) before it discharged the water for the final time. My guess is the brains of the unit have died (do you call it a control unit?). What do you think I should do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 5 years ago.
Hello do you have a volt meter?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes. It will take me a few minutes to dig it up. What do you want me to check?
Check the junction box on the bottom right of the unit do you have voltage there?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes I have voltage in the junction box. The white and black wires coming out of the junction box are live.
Ok if you have power to the junction box the control board is bad.i just looked at your model and it says the unit has a five year warranty on the control and touchpad.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the information! We're barely under the 5 year warranty! We bought it 10/2004. Do you know where I can call to arrange for repair under warranty? Should I just call up Sears (where I bought it)?
Yes you can call them or enter your zip code in this link and it will give you a list of factory authorized companys that can change the part for free.Click here
Experience: Factory Trained CFC Technician