Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician

The downdraft for KitchenAid KIRD861HSS0 is in its lowered

The downdraft for KitchenAid KIRD861HSS0 is in it's lowered position and I cant get it up to put the filters back in...I pushed the up button, but I think since the filters are not in, there is nothing to actuate the two switches to make it come this right? and if so, How do I get the downdraft to come back up?
The only way to get to the switches that the filter push in is to remove the housing on the inside under the cabinet.Depending on how the blower motor is set up you may have to take the blower motor and housing off to get to the back panel.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I appreciate your answer to my question..However, I fixed it my own way because your answer seemed a bit over my head and possibly unnecessary if my hunch would work. Just for your future reference, I bent two half inch wide (and three inches long) shelving brackets to a 45 degree angle about 1/4th inch from the bottom and inserted them into the 1/8th inch slot in front of the downdraft. I felt around till I found the switches, then I pushed them in at the same time while my wife pushed the button to raise the downdraft...IT WORKED !! The third hand made all the difference. Very unconventional, but effective!...I'm glad I didn't have to do it your way..That's for you professionals...I just got lucky.
Good deal im glad you got it that way i would have never though of that anyways best of luck to you!!