Tom Johnston
Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 years experience
14207197

replace the burner on the ceramic Maytag stove top

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tom Johnston replied 5 years ago.
Can i have the model# XXXXX
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Maytag, mer 6872 baq, 1992

If you open the door under the top edge there are screws remove them and the top should lift up.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My husband has already replaced the burner, but the entire right side of the stove does not work......does he need to reset somehow????

There is no reset he needs to recheck all the wireing connections.Something is loose or not connected properly.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
He has checked all of the wiring connections, the stove top still does not work

Then he needs to find out where the power is stopping.You will need a voltage tester.You will want to start at the burner controls make sure they are getting 240 volts then see if it is letting power out if it is then the wuireing is the problem.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
we do not have a voltage tester, any other suggestions?

Without a voltage tester there is not much we can do we need to find out why that side is not getting power.You can check the top of the control panel for fuses but i do not believe your unit has any.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

on the back of the stove there are two wires that are black and red and they look like they have shorted out.......they are burned.

Then that is probably the problem.Clean the wires up and reattach them.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
my husband did that and now the burners are working, thanks for your help.

Good i'm glad you got it working.

Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 years experience