Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

Hi Hotpoint Technicians, I have fault code AL03 on my Hotpoint

Customer Question

Hi Hotpoint Technicians,

I have fault code AL03 on my Hotpoint dishwasher & I would be very grateful if you could advise what the fault could possibly be?? There is water still sitting in the bottom of the machine following completion of the last program.

Hope you can help. Many thanks & Kind Regards.
Tracy.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 5 years ago.
Hi Tracy
Can you tell me the model number, what is it not doing and what country you are in please

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Rob,

It is a Hotpoint Ultima FDW80 dishwasher. When you program it to start it starts to make a buzzing noise as if it is beginning for approx. 10 minutes on the clock counter & then it just stops completely & flashes code AL03.

I am in the U.K.

Thankyou.

Tracy.

Expert:  Rob replied 5 years ago.
Hi Tracy

Thanks
AL03 is a drain problem. The dishwasher is programmed to empty the water for a set period. If there is water remaining at the end of that time a sensosr detects it and trips the AL03 fault.

You need to check several things. The filters are the first thing, if they are blocked it slows the speed of draining.
Next would be to check the hose and the drain arent blocked, especially if its connected to the bottom of your sink.

Have a loomk at this step by step guide
www.almesberger.net/ld87/al03.html
Although its talking about an Ariston its basically the same machine.

I wouldnt recommend turning the machine upside down though. You are better to tilt the machine backward and work on the floor.

If this helps, pklease click the accept button

Thanks
Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Rob,

Thank you for that. We have checked all drainage pipes & they are all clear. We have cleared the water out which has re-set the AL03 code & has now gone. We think we probably have a knacked motor/pump because it is now attempting to take in water which isn't coming & then counting down on the clock where it thinks it is heating the water but unfortunately there isn't any. So it is just counting itself through the program without actually doing anything - would this diagnosis sound sensible to you on this basis??

Thankyou.

Tracy.

Expert:  Rob replied 5 years ago.
HI
Yes it certainly sounds that way.

Depending on how confident you are you can check the pump with a meter for continuity or you can take the pump out and connect it to 240v and see if it runs

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Rob,

Thank you very much for your help - much appreciated.

Kind Regards.

Tracy.

Expert:  Rob replied 5 years ago.
Hi Tracy
Hope you get it sorted

Thanks for the prompt payment, appreciate it

Thanks
Rob