Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Dear GE Technician We have a JTP27 double oven. My wife

Customer Question

Dear GE Technician:
We have a JTP27 double oven. My wife went to use it the other day and started heating it up. After it started getting hot, she realized it needed cleaning. Before it could cool down, she hit the self cleaning button. It would not run through the cleaning cycle now only flashes "LOCKED DOOR" and diplays the correct time. Hitting the cancel button, turning off the breaker and even trying to run the self cleaning cycle will not clear this display or allow me to open the door. I have tried lightly pulling on the door as the breaker was switch on and off and that was unsucessful. Do you have any other suggestions? i appreciate your time. Thanks.
David & Tracy Nelson
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
it looks like you need to replace the door lock assembly . Part 253901 or at least the switch, but for now you can try to unlock this by removing the control panel if its the top oven or the center divider if its the bottom oven and releasing the lock manually , if you cant get teh divider or panel off without opening the door then you need to get a coat hanger and make a hook to catch the latch and pull it over a bit to try to get the door open, sometimes this is though to do, sears has all the diagrams for the oven, click here,!retrieve.pd?pop=true&modelNumber=JTP27BA1BB+&pop=flush let me know how you make out. if you cant get it open its best to call for a tech to repair this so you dont do any further damage, hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I touble shot it down to a faulty door lock motor. All switches and sensors were functional.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
thats good did you replace the door lock assembly? i dont believe you can buy just the door latch motor. let me know, thanks ,Bryan