Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a ge washer that overflowed yesterday, It will not stop

I have a ge washer that overflowed yesterday, It will not stop filling and start the wash, rinse and spin cycle. Model #wdsr2080d5ww. Is this need a new timer motor?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
no probably not, you either have a bad water level control or the hose is either off or clogged, when you push the off button on the machine does the water stop? let me know ,thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, it will turn off. The tub overflowed and did not move into the wash/spin cycle
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok , you need to see if the hose has come off the water level control or if its clogged. take the screws out of the top of the control panel, there sould be 4 across the top of the head where your controls are. the will probably be torch (or star) screws. when you get these out tip the control panel foward and look for this, Part 2205 at the top of the picture you can see where the hose connects its a clear rubber hose if its connected then pull it off and blow through it if its clear you need to replace the water level pressure switch pictured. let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX blow through it and it seemed clear. It did not blow through very easy, but it was blowing out, without taking everything off to see where it hooks onto the other end.
I will buy a water pressure switch.