Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

Fabric Softener on Samsung Silvercare washer does not dispense.

Customer Question

I have cleaned the compartment and the siphon. That is nto the issue. I can run the washer and can see where the water is supposed to come out to activate the siphon. Only a trickle comes out at the point in the cycle where the softener is dispensed - not enough to activate the cycle.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 7 years ago.

Remove your inlet water lines...more than likely the screens in the hoses or at the inlet valve itself are clogged....You are not getting enough water flow to advance thru the cycle...

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for your reply. I am sorry to be long in responding. I had to get someone to help me pull the washer out and disconnect the hoses.

I tried what you said, and I even replaced the hoses with 5/8 garden hose (temporarily) to assure that there was no issue with water flow.

Unfortunately this did not solve the problem. The fabric softener still does not dispense. Interestingly enough, the bleach dispenser, which operates on the same principle, does seem to work ok. There just does nto seem to be enough water going into the fabric softener compartment to activate the siphon.

But your idea did seem like it might be good way to proceed. I really wish it had done the trick.

Thank you again.
At this point i would remove the hose after inlet valve going to the softner tray...If there is nort enough water pressure then your inlet valve is clogged....Did you make sure the inlet holes in dispenser are not clogged with detergent...(open tray look towards roof of dispenser tray holes should be free of detergent...Let me know what you come up with Thanks Bob