John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My washing machine drips internlly , with water turned on or

My washing machine drips internlly , with water turned on or off...cause?

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Please send me the Make & Model #

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Kennmore, quite old, dont have model # XXXXX there is a constant dripping inside the machine even if I turn the source off...
If you turn off the hot & cold water off at the taps, Will that stop the water.And on the back of the washer is ther a panel you can take off.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I turned the hot and cold taps off, the dripping did not stop...so it must be something on the control side, what part would that be (name of part)
send me the Model #,Is there that back panel
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I do not have the model # XXXXX is at another location, I just need the probable cause or defective part name which would cause the drip, a solenoid??
How old is older.If I dont know what you have .How can I send you any info.Is it over 30 yrs old, Is it belt driven
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

it is not belt driven..I am asking a basic question which occures in all types and models of machines ..what causes the dripping??

I know it happens in all types of washers at least now I know its direct drive.It could be leaking from the water pump.I will send you a step by step on how to get to the water pump.It will take me a minute
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks

Leaks water...check the pump first. The fill valve and hoses may be the next step. See how to take apart info. With the use of plastic drain hoses on many machines today, this has become a common leak trouble maker. The drain hose can rub the wall or a pipe and this will rub a hole in the drain hose

See if you can find the leak from this,Its usually the water pump,If the taps are off and still leaks.Let me know