Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

amana refrigerator not cooling.Freezer fan running and blowing

amana refrigerator not cooling.Freezer fan running and blowing air in freezer compartment but not in reefer. Removed damper and tested, damper working.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 5 years ago.
is there any frost on the inside back wall in the freezer
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
a small amount. upper reefer very humid
may i have the complete model number please ,,,,, is it still freezing in the freezer?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Model # XXXXX Mfr# XXXXX

Freezer is still working. Still no air movement in reefer

i need you to remove the inside back panel in the freezer and tell me how much if any frost is on the coil behind the panel please
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Do you mean thepanel inside the compartment? this panel is screwed all the way around the circumference
the inside back panel in the freezer where the fan motor is ,,, should only be a couple screws or do this for me ,, push in all over the back panel and tell me if you hear crushing like frost all behind the panel
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Fan is back behind freezer compartment. Removed panel, coils iced over
real heavy frost on the coil and the fan was running?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes
you need to defrost the freezer and replace the defrost timer ,, the part number is XXXXX and it cost $32.12 online at www3.sears.com or you can get one at a local appliance parts dealer
graphic
to replace it you need to take the grill off the front bottom and there is a panel under the front and the timer is in there and held by two screws ,,, unplug the fridge before swapping it out ,, its #342 in this picture / thanks and if no other questions please hit the accept button for me and have a good day / larry
graphic
Experience: Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service