Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Whirpool Ultimate Care Heavy Duty Super Capacity Plus

I have a Whirpool Ultimate Care Heavy Duty Super Capacity Plus washing machine, Serial # XXXXX Model # XXXXX When I start the machine in any cycle, the washing cycle will start and continue until almost the end. When the tub is full it will not proceed to the spin cycle to end the process. I noticed that the tub is not turn evenly, but is off centre. The machine is about 12 years old.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
the most likely cause for this problem is your lid switch, Lid Switch part#(NNN) NNN-NNNN$23.40 - Click Image to Closeas far as the tub goes first you need to fix the switch and get the machine empty. the switch is probably hanging down , they break off where the screws hold it in place. (plastic) the lid switch is located where the pin on the lid goes through the top of machine. check that and get back to me. thanks,Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I will check the tub switch. Can youu also answer my question about the tub not turning properly, but going out of round. I found the tub full of water last night so I put it to the delicate cycle to have it run, spin and then finish. When it finished I could hear that the tub inside was not turning properly, but hitting the walls.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
it sounds like thats out of ballance. if you grab it by the top and tip it forward lifting the back feet off the ground and tap the with a hammer they will drop down ,they are self leveling legs, this may cure that. if not let me know and I'll will work on this problem tonight, I have to go do a few jobs, thanks Bryan