Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service

My LG refrigerator fan is making a loud noise. The noise stops

My LG refrigerator fan is making a loud noise. The noise stops when we open the door, but soon starts again after it is closed.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 7 years ago.
the evap fan motor has to be replaced ,, you remove the inside back panel in the freezer and swap it out ,,, if you like you may send me the model number and i will see if i can get you a part number and price / thanks Larry
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Can you let me know how involved this replacement would be? Is it something I might be able to do on my own?
you can do it yourself ,,, just take the food out of the freezer and remove the screws holding the back panel in and pull it out and swap out the motor ,,, after the food is out it takes about 20 minutes to swap out the motor
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
My refrigerator model number is XXXXX The refrigerator is only 3 years old. Does this seem early for the part to need to be replaced?
not really ,,, i have seen these on all makes and model go out even sooner ,,, part number is XXXXX and it cost $64.32 and here is a link you can order it from if you dont want to go to a local appliance parts dealer documentId=F0903080&keySuffixId=NA&modelNumber=x&keyId=404B&pageId=00003&productTypeId=x&searchModelNumber=LRSC26925TT&subCompDesc=Freezer%20compartment%20parts&brandDesc=LG&modelDesc=REFRIGERATOR&backToLink=Return%20to%20part%20list