Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Kenmore Elite 665.17463300 water doesnt make it to the top

Kenmore Elite 665.17463300 water doesn't make it to the top rack
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
this is you spray arm assembly, check and see if the parts in the back are all together and that the tube is going into the back flat flat tube thats where your water goes up to the top spray arm. also how much water is in the machine after it fills? let me know, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yep, that's the one.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok how much water do you think is going into the machine after its done filling. ( how high is the water)
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
About 1" deep during Quick Rinse cycle. I should also mention there is a LOT of white, hard water scale all throughout the machine, especially along the top and upper sides.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
you should have more water in it, theres not enough water to reach the top spray arms you will probably need to replace the fill valve, its clogged and the are time filled and not enough water is getting in before it stops filling. the scaly stuff is hard water and its clogged the valve. you should have about two inches at least. heres the valve, Part 961993you can get this here, this should take care of the water problem. you should try to clean all the scale out or as much as possible this can also clog the tubes, hope this helps , thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Where is this part on the machine, and how easy is it to swap out? Is there somewhere I can get a schematic of the dishwasher?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok the part is right behind the kick panel in the front of machine below the door, it should be on the left side when looking from the front. heres a diagram. hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thank you, XXXXX XXXXX been a huge help. One last question: Adding water to the tub should then make the upper rack arm assembly work?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
it should. try putting a gallon in after it fills and see if the spray arm works then, if theres not enough water it wont be able to send water to all the spray arms, let me know, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
well..raising the water level up to about 2" as you suggested still did not activate the upper arm. Any ideas?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
the only other thing it may be is the flat tube up the back is clogged. not letting water through to top spray arms. try cleaning them, i'll be back later today to check on your progress, need to go to work. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
REALLY appreciate your help. Thanks, I'll report back later this evening.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok thanks, XXXXX XXXXX havnt left the office but i'm leaving now. thanks, Bryan