Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hi, The freezer door on my Electrolux side by side refrigerator

Hi, The freezer door on my Electrolux side by side refrigerator does not shut without pushing it all the way closed and pops open almost every time I shut the fridge. It's a 5 year old refrigerator and I only noticed this problem in the past week. I've cleaned the seal with soap and water and lifted the front probably 1/4-1/2 inch. Same problem. It seems like the hinge is too close to the frame but I don't see a way to adjust that. Thanks!

PS - while I'm at it the ice dispenser on the freezer door has been a problem ever since I got the fridge. When you press the lever the ice pours out and keeps pouring a bit after you let the lever go. You have to have a good quick touch (and some luck) or ice ends up on the floor.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
can you get me the model # ? I 'll check the door closer on this, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi Bryan, Model # XXXXX
Thanks, Frank
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok if you click here, http://www.repairclinic.com/Appliance-Parts?s=t-FRS26H5AS-%3d%3dc226 you will see the door closer cam, Part 891712check this, its on the bottom hinge these wear out and dont let the door close correctly. these are around $19.00 and is usually what causes your problem. hope this helps, thanks, Bryan