Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

We have an apron tie stuck in the lint trap and possibly into

We have an apron tie stuck in the lint trap and possibly into the drum. Samsung Clothes Dryer DV306LEW. Can you advise how to get in there to get the apron string out? Is there a schematic or any other help you provide? Thanks!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
Hi, this is Bryan, heres all the diagrams for your dryer. click here. http://www.appliancepartspros.com/partsearch/model.aspx?model_id=5168909 you need to remove the front panel to get at the blower assembly thats probably where the apron is stuck in this. diagram # XXXXX shows the blower assembly. this is what the apron is stuck in. check the rest of the diagrams for screws to remove the front panel and get at this area of machine, hope this helps. thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hi Bryan

Can you please tell us how do we remove the front panel? We're glad you're the expert because we sure are not!

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
sure give me a minute to check the diagrams. thanks, Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.

ok first you need to pop the top up. look for clips about 2" in from each side where the top meets the front and push the in with a screw driver and lift the top up. then you will see screws to remove the front panel. let me know if you get that far. thanks, XXXXX XXXXX you do this is your control panel on the front or up on the back? its hard to tell by the diagrams, you may need to take screws out of the back along the top back and slide the top off towards the back out from under the front control panel. then you will see screws to take the front off, some of these machines are very hard to work on so bare with me. thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hey Bryan. We've got the top and front off...having trouble with the lug for part #8 on your 1st schedmatic in the original email. Be with you as soon as possible, but I guess we're making progress with my uh-oh!
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
you cant get the apron out without removing blower wheel?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks Bryan! With your east-to-understand help we now have the dryer up and running again and the apron is out in one piece! Thanks again!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks Bryan! With your easy-to-understand help we now have the dryer up and running again and the apron is out in one piece! Thanks again! Smile