Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

My Kitchenaid dishwasher model KUDIO1ILBL6 periodically quits

Customer Question

My Kitchenaid dishwasher model KUDIO1ILBL6 periodically quits working and the Normal button blinks...sometimes with the Cancel button blinking and sometimes not. Had a repairman out and he just ran the diagnostics cycle and it started working and he told us to run the hot water tap before running the dishwasher. We do that every time now, but it still occasionally quits and I run the diagnostics cycle and it starts again. That is until this time. I turn off the power to the dishwasher to stop the flashing and as soon as I touch the High Temp button the first starts the Normal button flashing and after keying the complete sequence...nothing happens. What am I missing? Thanks!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 7 years ago.
<p>The micro computer in the unit is going out, everytime you run the diagnostics it is resetting the computer, however this is only a temp fix, replacing the micro ont he unit is the permanent repair for this problem..</p><p> </p><p> </p>
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is there any way to confirm this? Is this covered under the limited warranty?
Expert:  Chas replied 7 years ago.
If the unit is under 1 year old then it is under part warranty, however there is no difinitive test for this, it is just the many years of experience from working on these machines that tell me that this is the problem...
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is this something I could do? I am fairly handy and installed the machine myself. I've also done repairs on the fridge and other items; of course I need instructions. Are they available?
Expert:  Chas replied 7 years ago.
there are no instructions really available, but they are not hard to do,,,you will need to remove all the screwa from the insid the door and the panel will be accesible, there are only a few items to transfer from the old to the new control..