Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service

Hi, I hae a Kenmore Washer-Dryer stackable Model 93802 /

Customer Question

I hae a Kenmore Washer-Dryer stackable Model 93802 / 93862   that is about 5 yrs old. Recently it has started to make a horrible loud squealing noise when the spin cycle starts, and continues until the tumbler comes to a complete stop. We have taken the front off and have replaced the belt and lubricated the inside with WD-40, but it still does it.
What could be the problem?   Right now things are tight and really can't afford a service call, or replace it..   Hope there is an easy solution.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 5 years ago.
i understand about being tight ,,,, is this the dryer thats doing the squealing
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What do you need to know?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

What do you need to know? No ,the washer on the SPIN cycle .. It is really loud!!

may i have the complete model number please
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Laundry Center Model 9308 / 93862 It is a stackalbe washer dryer combo.

These are the model number I got from the paperwork.

open the dryer door or raise the washer lid and there will be a sticker with the model and serial number on it and i need the complete model number please
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Okay, This came from the inside of the dryer door...

Model.. 417-93802200

SN XE 24300610

does it make this noise when its washing
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No... I works perfectly fine during the wash and rinse cycles.

It starts as soon as the spin cycle kicks in.....and it is REALLY loud!

do you still hav the front off
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Unfortunalty we dont...... He replaced the belt earlier this morning... We thought that was all it was going to take......but it didnt.
hate to have you to do it but pull the front off and unhook the belt and get back to me
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Ok,

How to do get back to you at a later time...

Husband is not here, and he will have to do that.

Do I just need to send back a text message?

just leve this post open and do not respond back till your ready and i will get it
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Still need help.. Previous technician did not get the problem.. Kept repeating information, and then wanted me tear washer apart, but I didnt have time for that then, and had to be at work today. Washer still squealls really loud in the spin cycle.. replaced the belt, so that is not the problem. Washer works fine otherwise.
sorry but i did get the problem and needed the front took off to test a couple thing to be able to help you so if you want to take the front panel off and get back to me i can help you but if you just want to know what it can be causing it without checking then its eather the pump or the spin bearing ,,,, you can unhook the belt and if it still squeals then replace the pump and if it dont squeal then the problem is the spin bearing ,,,, hope this helps and if you opt out no one can pick up the question but this is the problem
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

When we had it apart the other day, he had the belt off and was turning the larger piece that spins (not sure what you call it) It did not make any noise at all.

If it is a bearing, how can we repair it ourself?

Sorry about the delay in getting back....very short on time, and not here at home and online to keep going with this. I thought I was asking a question online and getting an answer.. Hd no idea was this comlicated.. LOL The papaerwork with the washer doesnt have a trouble shoting page, so really didnt know where to look for answers.

Really cant pay a repairman a huge fee, and cant affford a new washer right now.

I do appreciate your help.

I am going to keep this open for a few more days, until I can get back.

Getting the front of the washer off is no easy task as it is in a closet, and not a lot of room to work in.

Thank you

the reason i wanted the front off was to unhook the belt and turn the washer on in spin and see if the noise is still there and if so then its the pump and it may be something in it causing this and i have seen it a lot of times ,,, if you have to replace the spin bearings you have to tear the washer down and remove the tubs and top bearings ,,, its a heck of a job ,,, i bet its something in the pump
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Okay.. I will have to have husband take it apart again.. Mya not be for a day or so, till can get back to it. Most likely Friday.

Doesnt sound good to me.!!

I will write back when we get the front off again.

thank you for your help.

i'll be here to help out when your ready / thanks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hello...

We finally got the chance to get back to the washer.. The front is off.. The belt is removed, and the spin cycle is running, It seems that is is not malking the noise.

Please dont tell me its the bearing!!!

sorry but i have to ,,, since the noise stopped after reming the belt and the pump is running and no noise the problem will be the tub spin bearings ,, sorry but you will have to rear it down and replace the bearing and seals ,,, i was hoping it was the pump only for you