william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate
13954826

How to unlock Kitchen Aid stove top?

Hello, my kitchen aid stove top lock will not unlock. What could the problem be?
Could you explain your situation a little more? Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question. Model number please?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have a Kitchen aid Electric stove top that when I place my finger over the lock unlock light it won't unlock. It is a 15" x 30" electric built in ceramic cooktop 4 burners one has a double burner. the approximate year of it is 2002. I bought second hand last fall. The information is here in a file someplace regarding the serial number and model. etc... It was working fine the last time I used it. I was using the double burner about a week ago. I didn't have any problems with it at all, thank you
try this. To Unlock Cooktop: Touch and hold the CONTROL LOCK/ALL OFF keypad for 5 seconds
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Here is the serial number XL 2 0 1 1 9 3 5 MODEL NUMBER IS KECC508GBL3 And I already tried what you suggested, that is why I am writing to you, It didn't work

try holding it for 10 seconds if this does not work you will need a new control board

press it for 10

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have tried holding it for long periods of time, it has not worked so far. Do the control boards wear out that fast??/ Do you know how much they cost? Drue

look in your use&care guide you might have a 5yr warrenty on the board

Part 504400

http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-+KECC508GBL3+-%3d%3dc212i504400&PartID=504400 $315.35