John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Why does my washer spin so hard it moves across the floor and

Why does my washer spin so hard it moves across the floor and sounds off balance
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Please send me Model & make
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The make of the machine is a Whirlpool, I'm not sure of the model. I bought it used and I believe it to be about 10 yrs old. When it hits the spin cycle, the tub seems to be off balance, but when I adjust the load, its doesn't help. If I lay my body against it, it keeps it from moving, but the tub seems to move out of round.
Try this ,Tilt the washer towards you about 6 in and let it drop down,On those washers theres self leveling legs, doing that will adjust the back legs,It should do the trick let me know
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have done the "leveling" thing more than once, but it doesnt seem to help. Could it be possible the legs are messed up? Or is there some part that keeps the tub from moving so much. There is a dent in the side of the washer caused from the tub spinning

Look at the washer ,point at each leg at the top,these glides are worn,thats whats causing the off balance,As you see the cabinet has to come off to do the repair