esequiel walker
esequiel walker, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  my father has an appliance repair business for over 30 yrs i have 18 yrs exp
15396620

I have a maytag freestanding gas range model MGR4452BDW I

Customer Question

I have a maytag freestanding gas range model MGR4452BDW I has a digital control
The up/increase button does not workThe down/decrease button does work. This means
that when I turn the oven on it defaults to 350 F and cannot be increased (no broiling or
higher temps) I read there is a way to reset the controls something to do with holding
down the oven lock button. Will resetting the controls work? or does the whole panel
need replacing or just the one up button.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  esequiel walker replied 5 years ago.
when the upper or lower oven cant be set the only option is replace the control board problem solved.the problem you have is not a reset issue,you dont reset boards you simply have to replace them
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Need to know reset procedure saw it on internet so I can try this first before replacing

panels. My question was not clear sorry. The internet said that the maytag repairman

reset the controls . I think by holding down some button near door lock button.

I also understand that maytag has a problem with its design that self cleaning

produces enough heat to damage the boards over time.There is a pending class

action lawsuit against maytag by some lawfirm for this design problem.

I need to know the reset procedure so I can try this before replacing very costly

boards Thank you

i have not heard of a reset feature,you can only calibrate if the buttons function.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

There is a reset function tried that did not work . The circut board board did NOT have

to be replaced . There are some metal clips that hold the circut board in place and one

corner had come lose . I pushed it back in and the problem was solved. I got this off the

internet where the said the board had gotten pushed back. If I had just replaced the

board then this would have cost big $$$$$. Thank you for trying to help though