John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have kenmore dryer. Serial(NNN) NNN-NNNN the unit is about 9 years

Customer Question

I have kenmore dryer. Serial(NNN) NNN-NNNN the unit is about 9 years old.

The dryer is running but not heating. Is ther a fuse or something that I can replace or reset.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Hi Please send me the Model # XXXXX you have a volt meter to check, Where is the lint filter on the dryerat the top
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have a volt meter, but I do not know how to use it. The lent holder is at the bottom of dryer. The dryer was working fine yesterday. but now it is just spinning with no heat. Serial number is XXXXX Does that help
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
To use the meter set it to OHMs ,thats a test to find a break in the circuit,When you touch the leads together you should get a reading,The bottom panel comes off to get to the heater and the thermostats,First check for voltage at the dryer ,Set the meter to 240 volts for that,,It should read 220 volts at the dryer plug,let me know
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Didi not help
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.